Monday, April 24, 2006
Thelma and Louise
Her hubby calls us Thelma and Louise.
My hubby calls us Laverne and Shirley.
We have been friends for over 25 years.
I never had a sister until I met her.
* We loved happy hour and dancing and cowboys
*We wrote our lesson plans while sipping on margaritas... good lesson plans !
*She bought her first house and picked a lot down the street for me.
*She bought a white car and I bought the same car in blue.
*We laughed, we cried, we gossiped, we partied, we dreamed, we schemed
* We loved talking about men.
I knew everything about her and she knew everything about me.. except now we have forgotten over half of it.
* we love to rehab houses
*we talk about my teens and her grandbaby on the way
* We love to drive thru the hill country in the convertible
* we favor wine over margaritas
* neither one of us married a cowboy .. she married a professor and I married a businessman.
* we favor flea markets over bars
* we still laugh, cry, gossip,dream and scheme
and I am convinced one day we will have retirement condos down the street from each other .
You are my best friend forever ( BFF) Laverne !!!
Thoughts while driving home from lunch on Saturday .