Thursday, April 27, 2006

Popping the ?


Chasity's tale of a marriage proposal from her four year old evoked a similiar sweet memory for me :

1993: When I had 3 preschoolers :

3 year old son : " Mommy, I love Tommy. I am gonna marry him ".
2 yr old daughter: " Well...I am gonna marry Mommy !"
6 yr old daughter " You cant do that, I think that's against the law "

3 yr old son : crying... "NO, dont say that !"
2 yr old daugh : crying..." You are stupid" ( to the 6 year old)

Soon the whole family was in tears... the 3 preschoolers with unhappy tears... the 2 adults from laughing so hard they were crying.

So then, the rule in our family was that we would not call anyone STUPID..... and they didn't... they called each other "pid" and then when I nixed that they called each other "stew"... I blew that one off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud over here...beautiful children.....love how they got around the rules...

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

this has to be one of your sweetest and funniest memory!! Too cute!!
Pid and stew and kinky too!!
(read other post !!)

Anonymous said...

they always find a way around the rules don't they. and good for you for picking your battles. LOL love your story....makes me smile.