Friday, August 11, 2006

Serendipity.... indeed....



In July the teens and I flew back to the hill country to attend a wedding. We left the mid 70s of the New England Coast for the high humid 90s of Texas ! It was a special wedding for us... the bride was the teens first babysitter and the mother of the bride was the teens kindergarten teacher and one of my bestest friends. It HAD to be a special day to get me to fly back to this heat.... I never come back here in July.... I usually wait until the day before school starts to come back to the heat. BUT during my July wedding visit, I looked at my DH and announced " I am going to change my reservations and come back 2 weeks early"... well I got full eye conact from DH on that one ! "Why ?" he asked. " I dont know... I just have to get back home "... and I was shaking as I said it.

I won't bore you with the complicated details... but we did get back to the hill country 10 days ago.....
And yesterday morning when I woke up and saw the terrorist airplane plot news.... I was soooo glad I wasnt at the airport with 3 teens...yesterday was the day we were originally scheduled to fly back home..... serendipity indeed.

5 comments:

laura capello said...

Good call on your part!

Look at her beautiful dress!

paris parfait said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound! Missed you! And what a lovely bridal photo. Sigh. I love weddings!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Safe and sound, and with those you love surrounding you, that is the best part of all!

Susan Schwake said...

glad that you are all home safely diana! i hope when you fly back to maine we can meet in between!
lovely looking wedding there too!

Jana said...

Oh wow, your story gave me goosebumps. Good thing you listened to your inner voice, I'm glad you're all home safely.