Thursday, August 31, 2006

BLESSINGS...


This last week I managed to work myself into a tizzy...the temperature has been over 100 for 2 weeks and the buyers of our house had 4 different inspections over the course of 2 days...so what does a girl do when she has worked herself into a tizzy???
She calls her MOM.... and after about 5 minutes of mom-talk.... I was fine... we concluded that all of the events of the past week had been a blessing.... but truthfully... the BIG BLESSING of the week was my MOM ! Thanks MOM !!!



Picture: Old French Armoire that my mom gave me when my parents made the move from their big house to their small house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

another specatacular glimpse into your home. :) glad you are feeling better...and de-tizzied. :)

Anonymous said...

Aren't Moms the best? They always (still!) know what we need. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! The conversation that calmed me down when we were deciding to stay where we were was with my mom. One little line about how this small town isnt the small town I grew up in was all I needed. Mom's rock!

So glad you feel better hon. The armoire is stunning and even more of a priceless treasure becasue it was given to you by your Mom.
a.

laura capello said...

Pretty corner!

When's the big move?

paris parfait said...

Moms can usually make one feel better! Lovely armoire - a real treasure. Good luck w/ sorting out all the house biz.

Anonymous said...

Selling a house in all this heat can make a person explode...glad to hear that you have such a wonderful mom...a most needed person in a daughter's life...

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

mom's know best! I am often reassured by Moms sound advice too!
The armoire is called a "Homme Debute," in French it means,"Man standing," these single door armoires were made to hid men during times of war.