Monday, April 28, 2008

Demolition and Dirt **

"Would you like a pedicure this week-end ?" my DH asked on Friday.

What a sweet man..

Ladies....he had no clue what was on the agenda for the week-end..... demolition ...

We continue our demolition in the hill country house...discovering layers upon layers of surprises....some happy surprises.... some not.  Here are a few:


WE WILL BE DOING A WHOLE LOTTA SHEETROCKING IN THE R RATED BEDROOM ( see bad word above door?)




THERE ARE WOOD FLOORS IN THE MASTER BEDROOM.... under the carpet,the plywood, the linoleum, the black glue



THERE IS BEADBOARD ON THE WALLS IN THE KITCHEN.... but how do we match it ?



THERE IS AWESOME DINING AND GOOD FRIENDS IN THE HILL COUNTRY ... after demo eating place


SOMEDAY MY KITCHEN MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS....kind of..


So no pedicures for now.... but it will be totally worth it...uh maybe !!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint the beadboard white! Oh I lllloooooovvvveee this demo. My brain is spinning with all you are going to do to it. Big task, but if anyone can make it look like a page from Cottage living its you!
a.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Just wanted to say hello..I came over from Amy's page. What a job you have ahead of you..you are a braver woman than I am! Ok..I have to ask this..how in the world will you get the black glue off of those wood floors? -Nancy

diana said...

Hi! oh yes a. definitely white beadboard ... I cant wait to get out my paintbrush. Nancy... we are researching about the black mastick... some of it will come off with a putty blade, we might try a wallpaper steamer, but we will probably have to sand. I am so excited to find original wood floors throughout, even in the bathrooms ! Thanks for visiting ! xo diana